This video series, takes an in-depth look at the planning, design, engineering, and construction of the J. Craig Venter Institute, the first net zero energy laboratory in the United States, located in La Jolla, California, a community of San Diego.
- Describe the primary motivators for building a net zero energy laboratory
- Discuss how energy, water, and overall building performance needs influenced the building design
- Identify green building strategies used to achieve maximum performance
- Evaluate viability of innovations used in this facility for potential use in your own future projects
- Highlight the benefits of the integrative design process when designing, planning, and engineering for the J. Craig Venter Institute